Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summerness

So before I go into the "real world" I have been trying to soak up my responsibility-free summer (well the two weeks I have left of it anyways) and so it got me thinking... what means 'summer'? What reminds me of the time off school and the blazing hot sun? To me, summer is the feeling of carefree, of irresponsibility, of laying by the pool and slathering sunscreen on. Its driving to the beach with the windows down and my favorite pair of sunglasses on. Its my eyes being so tired from the sun that I fall asleep on the couch around 7 PM. Its trips to the ballpark to watch no-name minor league players, eat hot dogs, and crack open peanuts. Its ordering pizza and hanging out with friends and losing track of time until its 2 in the morning. Its sinking my feet into the soft sand on the shore and reading an Irving Stone book. Its chocolate frozen yogurt and a waffle cone. Its waking up to thunder storms and lightening that makes the night sky look purple. Its a kind of happiness that doesn't exist in fall or winter or spring. I love summer, and I hope that even though I'm starting a new job I'll be able to enjoy it like I always do... So far, I can't complain... :)

No comments: