Thursday, September 3, 2009

Accomplishing

So lately I've been trying to be better - better at being a friend - better at living alone - better at being crafty - better at being healthy - better at being myself - better at spirituality - ya know, all that important stuff - and I feel like I'm getting there little by little... I had a bishop my senior year at school that made a big impact on my life, whether he knew it or not, and for those two semesters he used a little saying as our ward theme and it was : "Try a little harder to be a little better" I think that I forget sometimes that things, that are worthwhile and important, take awhile to mend, to improve, to get better. I forget that its OK and normal and just a part of life. So lately, I've been trying a little harder to remember that.

I noticed that I have neglected my cute little apartment for a little too long since I moved in and started working. Everything got really busy really quickly and I pushed off some things that I really wanted to do... but then when my friends started hanging out at my place more and more I kept getting comments about how bare my walls were and so, on one of my Friday's off I tried to fix that (a little)....

My kitchen - I bought the shadow box art at Bed Bath & Beyond on sale for $4 and I got a few black frames to add my own artwork... my friends!
The other side -- Another shadow box artwork from BB&B and a few pictures (which are of course food related!) and my hanging on the left says "Dinner will be ready when the smoke alarm goes off" :)

I was very proud of myself for this one -- the key hook was heavy metal so I went to Lowe's and the kind man helped me figure out how to hang it up (without a drill) and with a little screwdriver finagling and a hammer, it came out just right. The hanging says "Remember the day's blessings, Forget the day's troubles" :)

My mantle -- I'm still looking for a mirror I love and some sconces, but until then!

and of course my attempt at a frame collage - I know they aren't exactly straight - but I measured everything and hung it all up, and by the end I was pretty worn out - I love it though and was really happy with out it turned out!
Also - I am training for a 5k right now and its 3 weeks away this Saturday! Its going great and I feel healthier than ever - some days are harder than others, and I still get out of bed everyday sore - but I know it will only get better!




2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

I like it. Maybe I will try a little. Love you.

Unknown said...

is that a picture of me in your shadow box in your kitchen???? awww julie!!! i'm touched. also. bishop wright is the man.