Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

So now that it's officially my holiday break I actually have some time to update, since as always I'm way behind, while the Thursday night football game is on in the background and the morgman studies (for his OAR test, oh how I can't wait for that to be over!)

This Thanksgiving I actually didn't travel anywhere - but I did have some special guests - My mom and stepdad! {though below you will not be able to find photo evidence - he was, in fact, present}

So to preface, at this point I had been sick for 2 weeks before they came in - I was feeling a lot better by then, but then my mom called me Wednesday before they left town and they had woke up with sore throats, headaches, etc - it was so sad. Then to top it all off Morgan got the flu bug on Thanksgiving morning. He got a fever and was sick all day - it was so sad. He was hurting pretty much the rest of the weekend. 

BUT we still managed to have a lot of fun and enjoy our time together.

Friday we went and got my very first Christmas tree!! We went to a local tree farm and everyone helped me pick one out - my mom actually spotted the final decision. Morgan cut it down and everyone helped transport it back to my 3rd floor apartment and decorate it.

Mr. Tree has been probably the biggest reason I have been in such a cheerful Christmas mood - I can't wait everyday to come home and turn it on and water it - I like to turn off all the lights at night before I go to bed and just sit with the Morgman and talk and enjoy it all. 

And I'm proud to say that I have singlehandedly {except for the 5 days I was in St. Louis and Morgan babysat} kept Mr. Tree alive, which according to my step dad lost him 5 dollars to my mom - Who bets that I will kill a beautiful Christmas Tree?!!? In your face, Gary.

On Saturday we went to dinner with Morgan's family and afterwards headed to YoLo of course!  It was a hit - and a wonderful way to end a wonderful visit. 

Thanks Mom and Gary for making your way to see me this Thanksgiving, I love you!











No comments: