Thursday, November 3, 2011

remembering

last night I spent some time with some of the girls that are in my ward. Most of them I have only met in passing at church or at other activities and don't really know that well. It was fun to get to know them and talk about how we all ended up here and other girl stuff {over crafting, of course}

I'm one of the newest newlywed in the group and so they all were asking questions about how we met, where we got married, and of course - how he proposed. and its funny because lately all of our stories have revolved around the sealing and the reception and the honeymoon and such because HEY, WE JUST GOT MARRIED! WOO LOOK AT US! - and I won't lie, I love talking about all those things! they are such happy memories and fun times, who wouldn't?

But probably my favorite story I got to tell was how M proposed. When we got engaged we went back to a place that had known us, has been there the previous year and a half we were together, and had probably already known it was going to happen {bc M spilled to beans to everyone BUT me} and to be honest, people already expected grandios from M and tears from me so it was fun to tell people who haven't known us very long. I hadn't told the story for a little bit and all those emotions I felt at that moment, and the days thereafter came flooding back. The butterfiles and the happy tears and those moments where we would just look at each other and be like "AH WE'RE ENGAGED?!?". It was so new and fun and fresh. I love remembering that story and that time in our lives that really wasn't that long ago at all {but sometimes feels like for-ev-er!} And all the oo-ing and aww-ing just reminded me how lucky I am to have this husband of mine :)




pictures from the day after we got engaged, in Central Park.

p.s. for the proposal story click here
p.s.s. for the pictures of the proposal click here
p.s.s.s. I just realized its exactly 10 months today since we got engaged! how fitting.

1 comment: