Thursday, July 31, 2008

and football begins again...

As most of you know I am an avid football/NFL fan. And for those of you who do not know of my obsession, then you are lucky... because as of last night MY football season has officially begun. Although I was only able to see the last 5 minutes of the Hall of Fame game between the Indy Colts and the Redskins, it was enough to ignite the flame once more... and with the preseason opening this Thursday (does anyone have ESPN and want a TV buddy at say, around 8?) I can't help but get excited for the fun that will ensue each Sunday and Monday night for the months to come!

On this note I was just thinking, if I was a guy... and I played football... what position would I play? and these are my conclusions...

Offense
I would play Tight End. To me, this is the best of both worlds. I wouldn't be supremely responsible for blocking tackles (*cough* that scare me) and also wouldn't have to wear myself out chasing the end zone like a wide receiver. This way I could score some points AND hit someone. And no, this has nothing to do with the fact that Tony Gonzalez is my favorite player.

I wouldn't play Center. Are you kidding me? Be the center most target for those 400-lb-6 feet-4 inch-sumo wrestlers they call 'defensive tackles' Yeah freakin right. Also, would you want to be the one solely responsible for putting that football perfectly into the QB's hands? I think not.


Defense
I would play Corner back. How cool would that be to intercept the ball? or even tip it off, so that someone else could pick it? Very cool. No, I am no marathon runner, so keeping up with the wide receivers would be an interesting task. I think I would just trip them anyways.

I wouldn't play Defensive End. Although I would probably enjoy a sack or two every now and then.. I don't think getting the lights knocked out of me every play is very appealing. This opinion could be attributed to the fact that my favorite DE of all time, Jared Allen, was traded to the Vikings. I'm still trying to get over it.





And this begs the question... do you think I would even be playing both offensive and defensive lines? The answer is unequivocally... yes... I mean, as a girl I can barely play 4-square, but as a guy... I would be an unstoppable football player.. trust me.

No comments: