Monday, January 26, 2009

So as a lot of you know.... My best friend Jessica is on a mission for the church in Peru. She's been gone over 4 months now but its felt like forever! I know a lot of you know her and I just wanted to give an update to those who don't receive letters (its quite expensive!!) or e-mail forwards (only special people like me get the hook up). Jess was originally supposed to serve in Bolivia following her training in the Peru MTC, but due to a lot of political instability (and I heard civil war!!) American missionaries aren't allowed in the country right now. So after 3 weeks in the MTC in Peru she went to Lima, Peru! She loves the people, even the ones with no teeth or no house, according to her :) This is just a little piece of Jessica...

I've been told that there are no homesick missionaries in the font and obviously I wasnt in the font yesterday haha being a woman and all, but its true. Yesterday I LOVED being a missionary. It was soo neat to see Holenka be baptized and to know that I was an instrument in God's hands to help her through the process of making those essential covenants. I am definitly not a very sharp tool, haha but Im here.

I realize that some of you who read this in fact do not know Jessica, but I assure you that you would be a better person if you did. I know I am. She has the faith of a mustard seed, the conscience of an angel, and the sense of humor with no comparison. I miss her being here or just a phone call away, but I am so proud of her desire to serve others and her amazing testimony. She has strengthened me these past 4 months, even when she's off in another country speaking some foreign language, and I know she will continue to forever.

1 comment:

Lisa Christensen said...

So...I stalked Nicole and found your blog!!! My missionary is Lima Peru!! He's in the North Mission though...if she's in the North Mission we should talk! :)