Friday, January 16, 2009

Another year older...


Well boys and girls, I have become another year wiser. It doesn't really feel like older, I mean I have been turning 22 for the last 365 days, right? So I have been steadily feeling older already. But the real tragedy here is the absence of birthday celebration after turning 21. I know I'm young, so don't freak everyone. But I LOVE birthdays. I love the excuse to say what ever I want (not that I don't already, but no one can try to stop me on my birthday), the way I can be as unproductive as I want and people actually encourage it, the way when people find out its your birthday they ALways interrupt any conversation to wish you the happiest day, the fact that your friends can make a big deal out of you and embarrass you and on that day and its actually all you want, and the greatest of all my traditions: the be nice to Julie day where everyone and anyone doesn't have any excuse to be mean or make fun. I enjoyed a lot of these festivities on my birthday this year, just in smaller ways than before, and I found that I loved the day just as much. I am so grateful for the friends I have here at school and those far away that care about me... not only on my birthday, but every other day of the year. A lot of people see me as a pretty independent person, but how wrong they are. I wouldn't be the person I am without all those who care about me and help me to become a better person. I am so blessed to be at this place in my life, with the people I have, and the places I am going. I feel as if this year is going to hold the biggest surprises, obstacles and happiness yet, and I am looking forward to all of them. To all of you who wished me a Happy Birthday, thank you and I love you.

So instead of taking the time and effort to cut up my cake... we just ate it. :) its a Dairy Queen icecream cake... my very favorite.
My partners in crime Ashley and Rach.
Align Center

ha, they used a package from my mom to wrap my present. Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Happy Belated Birthday My Friend! I just want you to know that I celebrated be nice to Julie all day. You were lucky and I wasn't mean to you at all! Love you! Wish I had been there to celebrate with you!