Wednesday, August 19, 2009

And the world spins madly on....

I remember thinking about a week before I graduated "I can't wait for life to be less stressful so I can finally get some sleep and relax". It never occurred to me, 4 months down the road, I would be busier and (surprise!) more sleep deprived than I ever was during any finals week or procrastination dilemma. But it also never occurred to me, 4 months down the road, I would be moving to Memphis, TN on my own, meeting amazing new people, finding out my strengths..and way too many weaknesses, and learning how to be simply content. Though stability is a little more tangible than it was a few short months ago, things still get shaken up a bit, and I'm still adjusting a little more every day.

People ask me a lot if I like it here, if I feel like I fit in, if I wish I was somewhere else, doing something different...and sometimes I laugh at them (sometimes not the most appropriate reaction, mind you) and confess those questions have never really entered my mind. I never let myself question if this is where I belong, because I've already decided and know that it is, (I mean really, why would I come here if I didn't feel like I should?) and I never let myself focus on the bad (and believe me, there are a lot of crazies here in Memphis), because I know there is so much good and so much to look forward to, and I never allow myself to wish for something or somewhere else, because frankly I am so blessed to be here and doing something I love - why would I wish that?

So. Even though I haven't got the stress-free life I thought post-graduation brought, or a good 8-hour nights rest in weeks, or even took a Saturday afternoon to lounge by the pool... my life is pretty great. I have had a blast exploring Memphrica (as we like to call it), going on my first exam to Hartford, KY, attending my BFFs Ashley (Lund's) wedding reception, visiting my family in NC and going to the beach!!!, and just enjoying the last rays of summer.

Here is a photo log update of the last couple months... (In no particular order...)
Dancing at the Rumba Room - downtown Memphrica

The whole group - we were definitely the life of the party.

My Aunt Katy + cousins came to visit and we went down by the MS river


Cass & I at BB Kings - Beale St!

Ashley (now Lund) looked absolutely stunning and happy at the reception!! :) Jim, Mere and I at the Collective Soul/Gavin Degraw concert - Southaven, MS

me, Josh, JP and Cass at the Redbirds game - on Harry Potter night! :)

Pope's 24th birthday celebration!

4th of July waiting for fireworks on Mud Island

me + my sister = awesome

the sibs (minus christopher) - Sunset Beach, NC

attempting to skimboard again - fail again








1 comment:

Sandra and Brent said...

Julie, I love that I now have another way to stalk you. What is this world coming to. I remember when I finished school I also thought that life would slow down. Now 3 years later, it still hasn't slowed. We are so happy to have you here, or at least I am.