Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Drama King...

As most of you know, I am an avid football fan (please refer my blog post last season) Though pro is my forte, I don't descriminate against any others, whether college, highschool or pee-wee.. I enjoy it all... and as we are in the middle of week 3 preseason games, this time around is no different. As most of the nation (lets admit it, the world) knows, there is so much drama and shady crap that goes on in sports, and being the celeb figures they have turned into, NFL players are the drama creme of the crop. Please take for example.. Brett Favre.

He is the epitome of football, and is argueably one of the greatest players of all time. With the records for most career passing touchdowns, yards, completions and attempts (and oh yeah, interceptions...) you can't ignore the fact that football is definitely Favre's forte. But lets step back for a second, behind all his impressive records and rugged good looks (and dont even try to deny it), and please can I ask the question: What in the name of all that is holy is going through his head?!? I don't even know if John Madden could break it down into stupid terms for us, because I'm pretty sure there has been no rhyme or reason to this entire ordeal (which has lasted a painstaking year), other than the bright lights of the media. I mean I know Brett and I arent really on a first name basis and I don't know the exact reason why he's flip flopping and changing his mind every few minutes (oh wait maybe I do.. I used to do that.. when I was 15) but I do know that every football fan across the freakin globe is sick of it. There are a numberless amount of players who quit and are traded and dropped and retire throughout the entire on and off season, without as much of a blink of an eye or a wave goodbye... its football, you switch teams, you get old, you break too many bones, its freakin OK! but to go in and out of retirement 3 (4? 5?) times??! Yeah, maybe even thats ok with me. But to involve everyone else, make a freakin big deal out of Aaron Rogers taking over your spot, leaving the Jets, going back into retirement, and then going to the Vikings (a GB rival, noless) and doing it all in the shining spot light? please, spare me. Not only does it take over sportscenter for weeks at a time, but its a dissapointment. He talks like he's some down-home-Mississippi boy and turns around and pulls a fast one on you (ok multiple fast ones). I'm not ok with that.

Phew. Well now that's out in the open I can also tell you how freakin ridic (i.e. ridiculous) Plaxico Burress is. That's all there is to say about that.


No comments: