Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Did I mention?

That I ran a 5k?? I know I snuck it in a few times that I was training for one... and well, it happened! and actually its already been a month, I have just been so busy. And I just remembered about it today because I'm doing my second one this coming Saturday! I'm pretty excited about this one - the cause is awesome. The charity is called Girls Incorporated of Memphis and the 5k is named the B.A.S.H Dash which stands for Bold and Strong Heroes. It helps those girls in the community that don't have strong female role models in their lives and lends strength to them in any way they can - I know how grateful I am for the strong women in my life that have not only been my role models but my friends, inspirations and lifetime heroes, I think everyone deserves that. Anyways so wish me luck!

Here are a couple pictures from the last race (Sole to Soul, benefiting local homeless shelters)

Morgan is the one who got me started on my running kick (to prepare for a 1/2 marathon that I no longer have any desire to do, haha) and our friends Lara and Ryan (the cute engaged couple :) joined in on our fun.... Lara, Morgan and I were all 5k virgins!


Lara, Morgan and I after the race... Ryan finished in 27 and split, he had a class to get to...
These are our "trophies" Ryan got 1st place in his and Morgan's age group and Morgan got 3rd... I got 2nd in my age group! :)


No comments: