Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sega & N64

So every day around 11:17 my "boss" Brett (he's not really my boss, hes just 10 years my superior, but still...) locks up his office and claps his hands and moseys on over to our (Mere, Pope and I's) cube farm and says "Who feels like eatin" and I raise my hand and Meredith says "I'm starving" and Pope makes a phone call to his stockbroker and meets us in the cafeteria-ish place about 2 minutes later. ok anyways the point is, I eat with my coworkers every day - its always the 3 musketeers (again... Mere, Pope and I) and then whoever else is in the office (meaning whoever isn't traveling on an exam)... Well, Brett recently has moved over to the monitoring division so he's in the office 24/7 and lunch has become an interesting event. We usually end up talking about old college stories (his from 15 years ago, ours from 5 months ago), stupid things we do, football, pet peeves, and usually my love life (i dont know why, they are FASCINATED)... so a few days ago at lunch Meredith started telling a story about a "pre-party" her and her friends had before a formal at school (me being the naive byu-idahoan did not know these existed) and so as the story progressed Brett and Pope started telling us how guys did their pre-parties and it made me laugh... remember Sega? and Nintendo 64? Mario Kart and Golden Eye and Aladdin? That and a six-pack of beer. Boys are so weird. And don't pretend like you guys dont do that... or wish you could. I mean minus the 6 pack of beer I would be so down with that. I grew up with 4 brothers and I remember playing Sega & N64 for hours... and remember when it would freeze and every one had their own way of making it work? Like they were some kind of video game mechanic extraordinaire? I always blew into the bottom, like those few bits of dust that were housed in the piece of plastic were what was stopping the entire machine from working. righhhht. My brothers would always turn the console on and off like 18 times... like they were trying to trick it into working or something? Yeah I miss those times. And since I've been away from my brothers for awhile now I've started to forget how much fun simply hanging out playing a video game was, or how driving to the movie store to get $1 rentals is the perfect Thursday night, or getting Taco Bell at 2:00 AM after a midnight movie is probably the best weekend adventure. I mean as girls we always want to pretty things up... bake something, get all dressed up, plan minute for minute... boys arent like that. I think there are a lot of things girls can teach boys.. like hygiene, and a little more maturity (emphasis on the little) but there are some things we can learn from them.. like how to be more laid back, or how to pretend intelligence (ok maybe not that one), or just how to fix a frozen video game. I mean, I'd be alright with that. Boy do I miss my brothers.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Funny, I was just remembering "fixing" the Nintendo the other day. I always blew the dust away. Remember the noise it made?