Monday, October 6, 2008

Enjoy the Journey!

So this weekend was General Conference (This means that every 6 months there are 4 different meetings over 2 days where those with authority, or callings, in the church speak on various spiritual subjects... all for the benefit of members and non members alike) and is one of my favorite weekends in each semester. The girls and I make breakfast Saturday and Sunday together... on Saturday we had pancakes in the shape of high heels!!! :) ... but this year we added another adventure to the list.. We went to the Idaho Falls Temple Visitors Center.. and while some of you might not see this as an adventure, or any kind of fun, this is something I have been looking forward to for awhile. It was renovated this summer while I was back home and so I knew there were changes, but I didn't know what they were. And also, I always feel a sense of peace and comfort as I am near the temple, and this visit was heightened as I was able to go inside the Visitor's Center and there was a Christos statue as one of the new additions. There were also separate rooms with various videos and scriptures "activities" and I enjoyed them also, but the grandeur of the presence of a statue of Christ always brings me to my knees... well figuratively of course. It was made of fiberglass also so we were able to touch it! (other statues are made of marble and highly elevated) All in all it was a great weekend with great food, great insights, and definitely great feelings.... I have been so blessed to be in the place I am and with the people I have met in this part of my life.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

OH! You have a blog this makes my life so much happier!