Saturday, October 11, 2008

Diet Heaven

So. As the semester progresses and tests begin to pile up, projects become due, homework is an infinite object, and a social life seems like a distant ungraspable thought... I find myself at my favorite gas station in Rexburg, filling up my 44 oz refillable cup at about 11:52 PM every other night with the fuel I would like to refer to as Liquid Heaven. Some may call it Diet Coke, DC, Diet lite... it goes by many names. But all connotate wonderful and happy thoughts. You may be wondering why such a reaction to a simple drink. Why do I go out of my way to pay 60 cents so often when there is tap water, skim milk, and my roommate's orange juice I can steal just in the other room??

I will tell you why...

1) Liquid Heaven (will be referred to as LH hereafter) is very tasty. Not too sweet, and not too thick as regular Coke or Pepsi or (ew) Dr. Pepper.
2) The carbonation awakens one's taste buds and shocks them back to life.
3) If you get LH with caffeine you can naturally understand my desperate need for it for my all-nighters tapping away at Excel and balancing income statements
4) Guys hate it, so I can keep it all to myself. No girl has to worry about guy friends (or boy friends if you like that sort of commitment) stealing a sip every 5 seconds or gulping down your 12 ounce when you go in the next room.
5) It is a nice treat. In the world of cheap college students, one has to find some type of reward for good behavior or solace for a crappy day... and what better choice than a tasty, refreshing drink that will quench your thirst, satisfy your tastebuds, AND is affordable?!

I rest my case.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

AMEN!! I miss those days of are hork runs! I miss that miracle machine!

Cinderellis said...

you rock!

Jill said...

julie you make me laugh...