Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Are there any Mormons here tonight?

As an early Christmas present I got us tickets to the Dane Cook comedy show when Morgan found out he was coming about a month ago.

We got pretty good tickets to begin with - but then got upgraded when we got our tickets scanned..


see?? that's with no zoom!
Dane's portion was great - but his openers were hilarious too.


During Al del Bene's bit he mostly talked about raising his 1-year-old son
{which made both of us think of Madeline}

and the topic soon turned to religion. He started to talk about how he might raise him Mormon, just as a 'cruel joke' since he was raised Catholic.

So as everyone started laughing he goes,
 "Are there any Mormon's here tonight?"

So of course Morgan and I start yelling and clapping
along with maybe 4 or 5 other people in the place.

Al stopped in his tracks and goes,
"Really??................... Shouldn't you be at home or something?"

I lost it. {it's true. we should have been home. it was Sunday.}

He proceeded to make a few jokes about Mormons but nothing terrible - it was hilarious.
I'm all about laughing at myself.


Anyways - it was a fun night, and my first comedy show!
We were glad that Dane came through Memphis {his first time!} and we had to oppurtunity to go!



Thanks for an amazing night, my love!




No comments: