Wednesday, November 10, 2010

just lovely.

Today is Wednesday
but this Wednesday is my Friday.

halle-freakin-lujah
{my old testament professor used to say that. ha.}

and for some reason I'm feeling all lovey dovey today.
and I like it.

I feel so fortunate to have love in my life.
my family. my friends.

and Morgan. especially him.

I've had the love of my family since the day I was born.
And my friends, the real ones, their love I've felt for years.
and I'm so lucky for all of it.

but this love, this love that has developed over the past year {and 2 months}
has literally changed my life.
every morning I wake up grateful I have the chance to feel this unwavering, unconditional love for another human being -
who feels the same exact feeling for me.

there's no inequality. no doubt. no missing piece.

I feel whole in a way that I never really felt was possible, or knew I needed
until I met Morgan.

I know we have miles and miles to go, so much to learn,
and many mountains to climb over
but how comforting it is to know I won't be doing it alone -
I'm not doing it alone right now.

It's days like these, where I wake up, shower, and a sleepy eyed sumo-wrestling-shirt-wearing boy walks in my door at 6:30 AM to make me breakfast.
 just so we can see eachother and spend time together for oh, about a half hour, before we both jet off to our run-of-the-mill-day-to-day lives.

and times where he looks up from his studying and says 'thankyou for all you did tonight' even though he's said it a million times.
and it was just dinner.
that he even helped with {i can't for the life of me cut onions}

and those moments when I'm so frustrated, so annoyed, and all have to do is dial his number and hear his voice on the other end and
know it's all going to be ok.

and when holding his hand is all that's really necessary.
no words, no discussion, no music on the radio. just that reassurance -
that we're here...together.

and that moment when I walk in the door from traveling all week for work - sick -
and I find a vase of flowers, my favorite chocolate,
and the sweetest note {on a post-it note, which by the way may be the best part} ever

and he does it all for me.

I'm lucky, and everyday I gives thanks for that.

only one of the many surprise bouquets. :)

No comments: