Thursday, September 29, 2011

"i want american food"

thats what M told me when we were discussing where to go for our date night last Friday.

So I suggested chicken wings - of course - so M went in search of the best place around our parts courtesy of the internets.

and we found it. plugged it in to the (not-so-trusty) tom-tom and went on our merry way.

on our way we saw a different wing place, but we couldn't remember if it was one of the 'good' ones (they aren't very original - 'Wing Factory' 'Wing Place' 'Wing Joint' - I mean seriously I can't tell the difference)

SO we passed it up and went to the supposed 'good' place -

after about 63 minutes we figured out that it, in fact, did not exist anymore.

sooo about another 20ish minutes and we were back to the previously mentioned Wing Something-or-other place we had passed earlier.

sat down, and sat and sat and sat some more

Until numerous servers/workers/wing people all ignored our stare downs and pleas for good ol american chicken wings and we walked out {yeah I was not patient anymore at this point.}

so we walked around the shopping center hoping (so much!) to find a place that was still open

NO SUCH LUCK. surprise surprise.

so we got back in the car, pushing about 104 minutes since departure of our apartamento, and drove to none other than









5 GUYS

and no one was there - so we got piping hot cheeseburgers and a butt load of extra fries

and we drew pretty pictures of said cheeseburgers.


If that's not american, I don't know what is.

**not all the ketchup pictured above was consumed. yes, we are wasters.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love 5 Guys! I like mine what I call "fair style" cheese, ketchup mustard and grilled onions. YUM!!