Friday, August 29, 2008

3 days + 10 states + 12 pack diet coke = 1 journey to Utah

... and yet again, I made the epic adventure out to the blessed west where everything is dusty, brown, and mormon. The trip was just that.. an adventure... Virginia and West Virginia were mostly traveled in the dark and rain... but once the sunrise came, it was beautiful as usual. Kentucky was fun just because of all the bridges and tunnels. Then there was Indiana. Which was just fine until there was that incident with the cop. and a work zone. and 2 semis. and well, lets just say that was an adventure in itself. In my defense, i was only speeding to safe myself from getting mauled by the 2 semis before my lane ended UNexpectedly. and then the cop just appeared out of thin air. and then he was a big jerk and looked like Smokey the Bear.. also, he had a lisp. Then i couldnt find my license.. or my registration. and then i started shaking because i was just getting more and more mad. but i guess someone must love me upstairs because well.. while speeding over 20 mph in a work zone.. I, Julie Bennett, got off with a WARNING. yep folks, you can start clapping and cheering right about now because that is EXACTLY what me and steph did when we drove away (going the speed limit, mind you). well after the Indiana incident, i was ready for Illinois, but Illinois was not ready for us because they were tearing up roads and filling up potholes every 15 miles practically. and Iowa was just a brief 15 minutes of my life, so I could care less about if it was pretty or not... Missouri was fun.. I love seeing all the sites.. the arch, the Chiefs stadium, the millions of pro-life billboards. OH but then my least favorite part of the trip.. the dreaded Nebraska... was on the 2nd leg of the trip... in normal fashion it had too many cows that stank, too many corn fields, too much rain, and way too much road work...as crazy as it sounds, i was so ready for Wyoming. we stopped in Cheyenne for the night.. and also at Outback Steakhouse for some dinner! and the 3rd leg was the shortest where i was the most antsy the whole trip to get out of my car. i hate driving in Utah with all the utahard drivers and billion college students.... BUT we arrived at my aunts house safely and a little late after an hour in traffic. bleh. but i got to hang out with my cousins i havent seen in 4 years all night! and we danced and ate dinner and relaxed. :)

oh, and now we are in Provo, getting Steph situated in her cute little apartment. and me getting lost in and around BYU campus and the city of Orem. and eating at yummy restaurants like Cafe Rio. nothing out of the ordinary, i suppose.... and now only 1 week and 3 days before my classes start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

Thanks so much for the Thank you card!!! I am glad I was able to help you learn some things and laugh during your time at HBI...I have to say I appreciate the part about Bob and his spicy nuts I read it the other day at work, Vicki had a copy... I hope that this year at school goes well for you and that we will hear from you in the future. Good Luck!!! Julie A.K.A. "Judge"

Cinderellis said...

UNBELIEVABLE - Mom has to read your blog to find out about your cop encounter. :-) LY, Mom