Sunday, August 10, 2008

An end to my corporate life... for now.

1. CHECK. Donald, my manager, made it his personal duty to throw away all evidence of my hard work at HbI.

2. CHECK. I had a lot of them, and they were all delicately placed in bags to bring safely home.

3. I realized after he left that day I never got it to him, so here it is, my Top 3 Memories from HbI

1) Cracking up over the hilarious Thai women from Tisco. (N is for Norway, Y is for Yellow)
2) Walking into the wrong conference room, BY MYSELF, and almost sitting down before noticing the 10 people in the room that were in the middle of a meeting that i did NOT recognize.
3) When Bob Gormely brought in Hanes underwear and confessed he was going to wear them over his suit for a presentation... and then only I thought it was funny. It was definitely funny.

4. ALMOST CHECK. I did say my goodbyes to those I won't see next week at MY cookout (yes, my own goodbye cookout!) but I did cry...

Alas... my internship at Hanesbrands Inc. is OVER! On Thursday I called it quits on 10 hour days, 30 minute (:cough: 1 hour) lunches, having conversations with total strangers on the elevator, scrounging for 75 cents for a diet coke, taking walks to the old building 3rd floor to slack off with the other interns, forgetting my badge and having to be a "visitor" all day, telling Donald to "shutup", forgetting to put attachments on pretty much every e-mail I ever sent, and bringing back my leftovers from lunch for my dad.

It has been a great summer... for those of you who don't know what I actually did at HbI this summer... I'll give ya a quick synopsis... I worked together with my manager, Donald, who turned out to just be a friend disguised in Director of Pension and Benefits Finance attire.. I "helped" him in the transition of the U.S. Pension assets from one portfolio to another... along with a lot of other projects relating to 401(k)'s and pensions! I loved Treasury and oH! I also got to work with Credit and HR, so that was fun! :) I never knew I could learn so much and have so much fun at the same time! I loved going to work every day (though not at 7:30 AM) and there was never a day that went by that I didnt laugh! I am very fortunate to have had this opportunity and also to have gotten to know the people I worked with every day, I couldnt have asked for a better internship or a better team!

To try and show how thankful I was to each of those I worked with throughout the summer, I made thank you cards and wrote how much I loved them!
This is Cash Management and I before they left on their "lets not work, and also not invite Julie" festivity day.
You can just call us the 3 Musketeers, thats what I called us! Here are my lunch buddies, my partners in crime, and the guys that kept me grounded... to put it lightly. They made a good summer great! (Sean, Me and Brendan)

So now that its all over, you're probably wondering what I am doing with my life... wellllll..... at 6 AM the next morning I flew to Kansas City to visit my mom, and thats where I am right now! Well actually, I am at the LAKE right now, so I am in heaven (though not as heavenly as the beach) and I am enjoying my summer finally...



















No comments: