Monday, February 22, 2010

Amigos

When I first moved to Tennessee I didn't know anyone.
I mean I met my boss when I interviewed, but I don't call that 'knowing anyone'
I call that knowing the dude that determines your future
it doesn't count.
And I'll admit - I was scared. I never really dwelt on the fact I didn't know a soul, or the fact that I didn't really have the assurance I would meet people that would like me
(or actually, that I would like)
simply because I was more excited than I was scared.
I was starting a new chapter in my life that was
1) completely unexpected and therefore so totally not me and
2) I was so ready for it
and lucky for me I was raised to be somewhat *ahem* outgoing so the whole no-friend-thing wasn't at the top of of my list of scaries
(kind of like worries, but scaries)

Since I've moved to Memphis I've been able to meet so many amazing people and begin to create so many loving friendships.
Don't get me wrong, I still have those people that don't particularly like me
(or do I particularly like them in return)
but that is to be expected in all chapters of life, so -
come what may.
But I have been so fortunate to just be in the same room with some of these peeps, that it amazes me they want to actually ya know, hang out.
And then I have my sweet, sociable boyfriend that knows everyone.
and when I say everyone I mean everyone plus their mother, and cousins and ex best friends.
It's ridic.
But through him I have gotten to know his closest friends, and have gotten to know them and laugh with them and in the end know Morgan even better.

This past weekend was one of his strong-man friend(Will)'s 22nd birthday & we celebrated with him at Happy Mexican.
I was also able to meet his adorable fiance, who reminded me of my lovely sister that I miss terribly, and chat and just have a great time.

I'm so happy to be able to meet new people and share their celebrations with them, it makes me feel....
happy.

Any Stepbrothers fans? Morgman thought he was being clever with his 'pose'
I thought it was clever they all wore polo shirts.

:)

Baby Will blowing out his candles

1 comment:

Rachael said...

julie marie bennett. can i just say that you have THE CUTEST clothes. all the TIME! um i realize you're really only in one of these pictures but still. in every blog you have pictures, and you're in them, you are wearing cute clothes. i love it. i love you.