Friday, February 26, 2010

fill in the blank friday

So I have approximately one! hour left at work for this week
and I'm so ready for it to be ZERO!
This week has been crazy/stressful/busy.
But I finally submitted my last assignment
(who has ever heard of taking a difficult exam and completing a bunch of assignments BEFORE going to a class??)
and my brain needs a break.
So again, I'm taking a breather, and filling in my own blanks...

{1.} When I'm nervous I get this weird butterfly/knot/nauseous feeling in my stomach. And I fidget like crazy.
[ One time when I was giving a speech in one of my classes in college a girl in the front row kept signaling me. I didn't know her that well, and I really didn't care why she was doing it at that moment, so I ignored it. Afterwards she came up to me and said that everyone could see me fidgeting with my skirt the whole time - which consisted of me pulling my almost-knee-length-skirt up and down - while I thought that was completely covered by the podium. Very nice, Julie, very nice. ]

{2.} My favorite item in my closet is my pair of Refuge dark blue skinny jeans.
[ They are comfy. They fit perfectly. They go with everything. And they are Morgan's fave too ;-) ]

{3.} Lighting my candles, turning off the lights, and laying on the couch talking to Morgman, is my favorite thing to do when I need to relax.
[ I don't get to relax a whole lot. And neither does Morg. And then obviously we don't get a lot of time to relax together. So when we do get the chance, its like - this big deal. Yeah, we're weird. ]

{4.} My favorite childhood memory is camping with my family.
[ Both sides of my family made it a point to have regular family trips, which I love and cherish, but for some reason the times that we went camping stand out in my mind the most. I think the fact that we spent every moment together - laughing, playing games, snuggling, making s'mores, and complaining about sleeping on the hard-as-a-rock ground - makes it that much more special. ]
{5.} Something you may not know about me is I'm not as outspoken as everyone thinks I am.
[ This is something that I have noticed about myself in the past 8 or 9 months, and I don't necessarily think it's a 'bad' or a ' good' change. I just think more before I talk. *gasp* ]

{6.} A true friend is someone who loves you even when you are being irrational and stupid. And who isn't afraid to tell you that.
[ I can't tell you how many times I have heard "Hey Julie, I love you. A lot. Like a fat kid loves cake. But woman, you are being stupid and irrational." and have been totally grateful for it ]

{7.} Something I hope people think of when they think of me is, "Man that girl is hilarious, she should do stand up, or come to my next party, or I want her to just be there tagging along all day so I could laugh and be happy"
[ hey, a girl can dream, yea? ]

3 comments:

Ashley Lund said...

if you did standup, i would totally fly to memphis to see you do that! haha. THEN i could tag along with YOU all day long and we'd be like one big happy family! yay! :)

Unknown said...

Well. I really loved this blog post. And just so you know, I already do consider you number 7. :-)

Julie Canfield said...

i love you guys. a lot.