Monday, February 15, 2010

Mush

I've never really considered myself super mushy or lovey dovey

I'm more of a joker, and I'll usually end up laughing in the middle of a sweet moment and totally "ruin" it.

but lucky for me I found a man who is exactly the same way. We enjoy a few mushy moments now and then - he is probably the most cheesy man I know, and I love it. but then we usually end up laughing and making fun of ourselves after wards.

its cute.

So this past week was Morgan's birthday. He turned the big two-four.
(which, if you have already forgotten, is one whole year older than me! yes!)

On Tuesdays we try to meet for dinner before going to institute, so this week, in honor of his big day, I let him choose... and of course he chose sushi! We went to his favorite place in Cordova, Osaka, and he loved it.



He taught me how to use my chopsticks and just to prove him wrong (he thought I would need a fork!) I used them the entire meal. boo ya.


Then the day of his birthday I had a little surprise planned for him.

He had to open the gym so that meant he had to be at work at 5 am. yuck! Since I knew that he would have already eaten breakfast, and his mom was making him a cake for that night, I decided to compromise and make him birthday cupcakes! and bring them to his work on the way to my work.

With a little help from his best friend that was also working at the same time, I got in the gym undetected and surprised the heck out of him :) Though I think that a got more than a few dirty looks carrying cupcakes across the gym floor.... ;-)


THEN! this weekend a bunch of our friends and us got together to go out for a little dinner and dancing. Even though it was supposed to be in honor of Valentine's Day, I still wanted to do a little something for Morgman's birthday since all his friends were there. It turned out it was my friend Jenn's sister's 27th birthday that week too so then I was sold.



I ordered a red velvet cake (per Valentine's Day) and made sure to personalize for both a boy and girl (hearts for Brittany and dumbbells for Morgan) and dropped it off that day before our reservation. Jenn picked up V-day and B-day balloons for the tables (Hibachi grill? yes please.) After they brought out our icecream, which came with the meal, a bunch of servers surrounded our tables and brought out the cake to sing to the 2 birthday peeps! Morgan and Brittany were so surprised and I was so happy! I love surprising other people! :)




After dinner it was back to the celebration of love so we went salsa dancing at the Rumba Room downtown with everyone. We were so full and tired by then that we didn't last long, but I'll take just one dance with him anytime, so any more than that and I'm golden :)


But wait, it doesn't end there...

since Valentine's Day, as we all know, was actually on Sunday I wasn't really expecting anything but making dinner with Morg and maybe watching a movie while he studied for his French test on Monday. (which we did both of those)

But yet again he went and surprised me - and yet again I fell just a little bit more in love :)



Best Birthday/Valentine's week ever.

1 comment:

Katie Fearnley Baker said...

i know i don't know you that well..or well at all... and its prolly creepy that i am looking at your blog...hahaha. but seeing someone who loves morgan and is a good girl... it makes me smile, a lot! :)