Monday, February 9, 2009

Life as I know it...

So I haven't had a lot of interesting things to say lately... (i.e. no good news moments for RS!!)... but I thought I'd update and let everyone know I'm still alive in this winter-scary-land. And yes, that is what it is. No wonder-ment about it. Just snow and cold and wind. Yet I will say that it definitely isn't as bad as last winter, so really I should be out jumping for joy and making snow angels. But its not THAT much better...

Anyways so .. It has been crazy here at school. I'm only taking 14 credits this semester, as it is my last semester, but that is only because I had to to get my scholarship... I'm taking 3 economics classes and my senior strategy capstone.. and an online religion class. ha. :)

Capstone has been the most challenging only because it is so different than anything I have ever done... the majority (and point) of the class is spent on a consulting project... like a real-live consulting project, not just a fake one... and I have the unique opportunity to be working for the university. I can't say a lot about it due to confidentiality agreements (gotta love those).. but my team and I are working for a Task Force put together by President Clark (the president of the school) to analyze our majors/minors programs and determine if we are marketable to employers and/or graduate schools and to make recommendations with our findings. I won't lie, its a LOT intimidating but I am really excited for the opportunity and to learn what I know will be a lot and will bring me completely out of my comfort zone.

My econ classes are obviously challenging, but I am getting into the swing of things. My favorite is probably my History of Economic Thought class, but that would just be due to the teacher.. Bro Webb pretty much idolizes me.. ok maybe he is just awesome... but the class is very interesting, and there aren't a lot of models and graphs so im HAPPY! :) My Developmental Econ class is driving me nuts.. its like watching guilt commercials for 1 1/2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday and I feel like after each class I should write my congressmen or put 60 cents in the mail and send it straight to Africa... well that might be a little dramatic, but seriously, give a poor college student a break. My Managerial Econ class is reminiscent of Macro and Micro... except I forgot all of it and don't really know what elasticity means anymore. So I guess that means that I should be there... dangit.

And lets see... my religion class is neglected sometimes due to it being online and the fact its my last semester and I already have more than enough religion classes to graduate. and I might just go to hell for that statement. Oh and I am also a Teacher's Assistant for 4 upper level finance classes that I took last semester... my old professor, Bro. Galbraith, asked me to help out and now I get paid to grade all the models I have already built! It's actually pretty awesome and I have learned a lot just grading... but I will admit its kinda weird grading my friends assignments that are in the classes... I have gotten in trouble on more than one occasion for not overlooking their "tiny" mistakes. Too bad I'm not dishonest or I could help a friend out. ;-)

Other than school there hasn't been much of any heightened interest (that's why this has been pretty blank!) but life is good, things are fun, and I'm just trying to soak up every moment I can while I'm here. I'm still looking for a job and nothing looks too promising, but I'm just trying to stay optimistic and keep keepin on... Life is too short to stay stressed out all the time.

Here are just a few memories... :)So we visit Sport's Authority a lot since Rachael used to work there.... and this is what we end up doing every time.Oh the joys of being in college.. Me with my TA tag on... good thing I never use it... :)

Ede came to visit for MLK weekend... :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Soak it all up! It will be over before you know it and then you will long for the days of college and crazy cold winters...ok, not the cold winters but they will be fond memories!