Monday, February 2, 2009

SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

So I'm sure your thinking..

Wait a second, the Chiefs and Broncos definitely did not play in the Superbowl.

And my response to you would be...

Yeah... so what. Your point?

We got a lot of slack for it, but really the most important factor here is that no matter what, we still remained true to our team. Through thick and thin. Through loss and heartbreak. That's what real fans are really, right?

Chiefs, Broncos, or Cardinals fan or not, I was very excited for the game as I always am. It turned out to be a great game near the end, even though the Cards didn't come out on top. The Cinderella story will have to wait until another Bowl... hmm maybe then it will be the Chiefs instead... :) As another Superbowl is over, I would like to share some likes and dislikes about the biggest game in the National Football League.

Loves:
  • I love the food. For some reason even if people don't like football they always go all out and decide to become all domestic when it comes to the Superbowl. Even me. Usually people ignore half the game to either cook and/or eat. I find when I get nervous I lose my appetite so I start eating after the game is over. Probably a bad choice...
  • The beer commercials area always awesome. Such as the Budweiser skiing commercial this year. Yet the Doritos commercials and that one flower commercial were pretty sweet. Check em out.
  • Getting together with friends. Usually I like it better when its just a small group of us who love to watch the game, but I find that I like it when there are a bunch of people that stop by and make things interesting. They usually bring snacks.
  • THE FOOTBALL. Even when you have no idea why an underdog 9-7 team gets in the biggest game of the year, it still is interesting, surprising, suspenseful and an all around aggressive game.
Hates:
  • People who choose teams at halftime. I am sorry but if you are going to call a game you cannot by any means do it at the end of the 2nd half while waiting for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band to come on for the half time show. It is not ethically or morally right or in the spirit of football. It's a cop out and therefore I do not consider your pick to be legitimate at the end of the game. Also, probably for the remainder of the time I know you I will not respect you.
  • Commercials that are not new. Why the heck would you pay millions of dollars to put an old commercial in that slot?!? It makes absolutely no sense. I am probably already sick of that exact commercial by the time the Superbowl comes around and have gotten into the habit of muting it anyways, so why air it again to completely annoy people even more?! A little counter intuitive i believe.
  • Bad calls. I am pretty sure refs should be changed unexpectedly right before the game to ensure there are no conflicts of interest such as bribes and/or promises their embarrassing tackles will not be posted on youtube.
  • People who walk in front of the TV. Seriously people, why in the name of all that is holy would you even consider that OK???? nuf said.
Oh and by the way, though Rachael and I's teams are complete rivals... we still find common ground... we love each other and football!! ... :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It was us who named the whole team. What fun!