Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

This Valentine's Day was an amazing one, and one that wasn't expected. I'm not a huge fan of v-day, not because I don't usually have a valentine, but because I really don't get the big deal or why people need an excuse to give chocolates or flowers or go out to a nice dinner... I'm pretty sure I like those things every day of the year. Either way I came down to Utah for the three day weekend to spend some time away from Rexburg and school... and instead spend it with old friends and family... Saturday I was able to spend all day with my best friend, Jake (aka Jackie), his mom and Nana who just happened to be in town on the same weekend! I was pretty excited to see him and his family, and when Jackie and I get together, all we have is fun. He also surprised me with a Valentine's Day basket AND lunch at Costa Vida.. he is by far the best valentine I have ever had... and we got to spend the rest of the day shopping and talking... and his mom and I made Valentine's pastries that I have fallen in love with and I am excited to make in the near future by myself!! After we got back from Ogden Jake had to get going to Provo but then Rachael and Eden and I went out to dinner at Utah Noodle, which I loved.. and to the grocery store to get funfetti and lasagna! :) It was a great day and night and I couldn't ask for better friends. They make me feel like family when mine is so far away and I love them with ALL my heart...

Eden, Rach and I at Smith's
Jackie and I after a long day of fun!
Eden getting the essentials: funfetti and lasagna
the yummy pastries Sheri and I made!
Top view
My valentine from Jackie!!!! :)

Even though Jackie was by far my favorite valentine... I can't wait for next year's Valentine's Day with THE valentine....
:)

1 comment:

Valen Hunter said...

You know what, any excuse to celebrate anything is ok in my book...esp. valentines day lol.Randomness is good too, though.