Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Forever Birthday

This depicts my current feelings about birthdays

(with me, unfortunately, being the frowny-faced cherry).

Tomorrow is my day of birth, my 'completion of a full year', my 'anniversary'. I love birthdays. I love my family's, my friend's, my coworker's, and even stranger's birthdays. I don't discriminate. I even used to like mine.

But this year I'm supposed to be turning twenty-three.

(I say 'supposed to' because I have declared last year my 'forever birthday' so therefore I should be twenty-two forever, but no one - not even Morgan - has boughten into this idea, so I think I might have to abandon it.)

Don't get me wrong - I know 23 is not really that much different from 22 - I'll be doing the same things, living the same life - and more than likely loving every single minute - but still. I really like twenty-two. I don't know how it can be topped. Its' been pretty freakin awesome.


I mean I went to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas with my besties when I was 22. I graduated college and drove across the country when I was 22. I had countless interviews and subsequent rejections when I was 22 - until of course I interviewed at the wondrous Federal Reserve and got a 'hey you're freakin sweet so come work for us' acceptance when I was 22. And then I moved out on my own, all alone, into a quaint one-bedroom apartamento and decorated it all handy-woman like when I was 22. I even owned my first couch, table, washer and dryer when I was 22! Most importantly, I fell deeply in love when I was 22.


Ya know, I would love for my 23 to beat my 22, that means I get all that awesome plus more, and I'm so down for that.


Right now though, on the eve of my twenty-third birthday, I'm enjoying being twenty-two a whole helluva lot. :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh but 23 is a good year. I really liked being 23. So, did Heidi we just discussed this and we both decided 23 is probably the best of the 20s. So, take it. Enjoy it. Make it your year. Happy Birthday Julie!