Monday, January 18, 2010

23 = perfect

So I know that I was obviously more than less excited (more than less? what?) about this birthday. But I was proven dreadfully wrong about how happy a day could be even when you think you are turning 'old' (when in reality you are still pretty stinkin' young) and how oh-so-grateful I am for my perfect day :)

It all started like a normal day: I woke up late. and stumbled out of my bedroom towards my radio (which has now been replaced by an iHome, thankyou, Mother) to turn it on and hurriedly get ready - when I heard a knock at my door. at 6:30 AM? It scared the h-e-double hockey sticks out of me. So in my PJs and nasty no-make-up-bed-head look I answered my door. To find my hott boyfriend holding a Dove chocolate rose, a card, some Target bags and a box of a dozen donuts (these were for my office - because I had been complaining about buying them myself :) and giving me the most sweetest smile.

I don't have a picture of that, but it was my favorite part. :)




Then, after the opening of the presents, and a few good morning kisses, I was forcefully told to hurry and get ready so I could go to work. (boo)

So fast forward through about 9ish hours (and 2.5 donuts) of "work"

and it was continued birthday celebration.



Since we had gone out to Olive Garden with the amigos the night before, we spent the night hanging out with Morgan's family, and again my sweet boyfriend (with a sweet, but tired, smile still) made my favorite (well actually our favorite): brinner (breakfast + dinner). Pecan waffles, cheesy scrambled eggs, sausage, apples. It was delish.



And then Morgan's amazing mother, Karen got me my very own birthday cake:



and Morgface made me blow out the entire package of birthday candles (which included 24!)




but I got to eat the piece with 'J' on it - so it made everything better...



and then I opened another present (or 'prize' as Morg would say)

and then we relaxed, and laughed, and smiled and it got even more perfect.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Hey Julie...ummm...I don't know if you realized this but there is a baby crib in the picture with you and Morgan. Is this a foreshadowing of things to come? Ha ha ha. I'm just pulling your leg, but seriously...happy birthday!

Stephanie Madsen said...

HOW CUTE JULIE!! you seem so happy and 23 is still really YOUNG even though sometimes it feels like we are old! haha...i miss you and miss walking across the dorm parking lot to play games in your apt. :) BUT i'm so glad you are doing well. MISS YOU TEEERRRIBLY!!