Friday, October 21, 2011

Let's just get it out there - I'm not a sailor

So M has an aunt and uncle who live in Baltimore and they also happen to have a sailboat. So last weekend they oh so graciously invited us out for a weekend of sailing fun. Now, neither of us has ever been sailing before, and let me just say this: M was excited, and I was terrified I would vomit. I have terrible motion sickness, in that I have to take a {non drowsy} dramamine every morning when I wake up because I take the metro to/from work. I also get sick on car trips, airplanes, and... boats. But since the dramamine seemed to be working for me on my metro rides {i could read the Express!} I let myself get a little excited.

And it was awsome right about this time.... 15 minutes in

And then the wind decided to kick it up to 30 knots and that's when my dramamine also decided to stop working.

So the pro-sailors {Aunt + Uncle} so graciously decided to change our course and stop off in Annapolis, halfway to the desired destination.

They had this amazing friend there who let us raft up {sailing term!} on calmer waters. We walked around downtown Annapolis, had dinner at this great italian place and had a bonfire.

After a calm night's sleep on the boat {1st for everything!} we had pancakes in the morning and had a verrrrrry much calmer sail back to Baltimore.

So, although I am not a sailor, M definitely got the hang of it. Looks like a hobby he will take up on his own! ;-)










No comments: