Monday, October 10, 2011

part IV: {reception}

our ring ceremony was at 5:30 on Saturday, with our reception following at 7:00 at this wonderful renovated train station with big vintage doors and exposed red brick. we loved the place. we spent all morning  {and afternoon, really} fetching flowers, setting up the venue, and pretty much running around. it was busy, but we had a lot of fun doing it with everyone. so many people stayed up late on friday night setting up and then waking up early saturday to come help. it was awesome to see it all come together with everyone that pitched in.
 
we had a buffet dinner of good ole southern cuisine: M's choice {and my resounding approval}... pulled pork, roasted chicken, mac & cheese, corn on the cob, and mashed potatoes. and yes, we did eat, we made sure of it.

we had our cake cutting, first dance and dances with our dads/mom. i threw my bouquet {which hit one of those awesome hanging lights and exploded before my cousin Ashlyn caught it} and a customized KC Chiefs garter my sister/MOH made me. and we watched a wonderful video my amazing father made that pulled everyone together. and then we danced the night away {thanks to our amazing friend/DJ Lara Hubbard who manned the ipod playlist and was an expert at that sound equipment, couldn't have done it without you!}






























I remember dancing our last slow dance {At Last - Etta James} and M leaning in close and daring me to list one  thing that I didn't like about that night {knowing the perfectionist I am}. and I remember saying "that it won't last longer". its true, we were tired, we were getting burnt out. our feet hurt, and we probably really smelled. but we could have stayed there all night laughing and dancing and celebrating with everyone. it was truly a perfect night.


{fun fact: after the ring ceremony everyone peaced out on the trolleys back to the where the reception took place while M and I took pics on the beach. on the way back we saw a McDonalds - and we zipped through the drive thru for a large DC and a large DDP. Only M's family knows that because we stopped back at the hotel to tidy up {it was real windy at the beach and my hair was shot to heck} and they were walking down to the reception center when we pulled up. I remember his dad saying to M "so, you get married and take her to McDonalds, real classy" even though he already knew it was my idea :)}

No comments: