Saturday, October 8, 2011

part III: {ring ceremony}


many that are close to M and I were not able to attend our sealing inside the temple, and so we wanted to do something that would somehow include them in witnessing our union as husband and wife, so we opted to skip exchanging rings at the temple and wait until the next day. 

Now, disclaimer: this is something we had been planning to do for a long time though, because I knew it was something I would definitely do when I got married, and so when we started talking about how we would do it we quickly came to one conclusion, it was going to completely shout to the roof tops "THIS IS SO M AND J" and that is how our ring ceremony was born. 

We had it at the beach because thats one of our favorite spots on earth. We did it on the NC coast because thats where I have spent so many of my happy memories. We had M's dad conduct the ceremony and speak. We had our brother and sister as our MOH/BM. We said vows that we literally thought of on the spot. And we had M's other brother play piano for our intro/extro {yeah, not words.} It was so us, and I am so happy we did it, not only for those close family members and friends who had the opportunity to participate in our wedding in some way, but because we were able to express to eachother in another way our symbolic sense of our love that will last forever.



















and hey, I got to wear my dress twice. not too shabby, eh?

No comments: