Thursday, October 6, 2011

part II: {sealing linner}

so before we ever got engaged both M and I knew that we didn't want our sealing and reception on the same day. for many reasons, we knew it. well when we decided to get sealed in the Raleigh, NC temple and then have the rest of our festivities on the coast {2 hours away} we knew we wanted to do something after our sealing to celebrate even before the rest of the celebration! I mean for goodness sakes we would be married!

so, we had a linner. {lunch + dinner - and yes thats exactly what I put on the invitations thankyouverymuch} and we had it at one of the most delicious italian places in raleigh I've eaten - ok maybe I was just real starved but for reals, it was the bomb dot com. Anyways we decided italian because {spoiler!} we had barbeque at the reception {and its my fave, duh}.

and oh, italian we did eat.

we had our own private room with a bunch of round tables set up - it was a perfect way to have all our family and friends in one room and let them get to know eachother - and catch up - some of them hadn't seen eachother for years! and it was a great way for M and I to mingle and really connect with everyone in the midst of all the wonderful wedding-ness.








side note: I didn't take any pictures. these are stolen from various people.

Some things I remember about the dinner:
  • I was showing Mary Grigg my ring, and telling her about how M & I's wedding bands are identical and have the same engraving inside - and she told me a hilarious story about her 10th anniversary gift {which by the way, their anniversay was THAT day! now we have the same anniversary! shout out!}
  • M & his cousin Robert sitting and chatting forever like little girls. There was a few times M would disappear and I knew I would find him next to Robert - {they hadn't seen eachother since before M's mission and used to be real close}
  • hearing the laughter from the table in the corner {which housed the following: Ashley, Jessica, Rachael, Lara, Ryan and my brothers Billy and Michael. yeah, what a combination}
  • Madeline sitting on my stepdad Gary's lap pointing at all the pictures in the Wilmington guidebook and saying "daddy!" "daddy!" "daddy!" at every picture she saw. yeah she wasn't too good at talking yet.
  • and lets be honest here - THE FOOD. IT WAS SO GOOD.
The room was full of love and how grateful I am for those few hours that we got to spend with those people that just shared such an important event in our lives. I'm so glad we decided to do it, and a big thankyou to M's parents for making it happen :) best in-laws ever!

up next: part III: {ring ceremony}




No comments: