Thursday, October 6, 2011

the {un-royal} wedding of the year!: part I {temple}

So most of you have seen {most, if not all} of these pictures on face book. I don't care.

ok sorry, I care - but I'm still going to subject you to it again, because I love telling the story of our wedding, and I never want to forget my thoughts about it.

so the first place to start is of course, the actual wedding! - our sealing in the Raleigh, NC LDS Temple - for time & all eternity will always be the most spiritual, happy, love runneth over, experience of my life.

the details of that experience, however, are private to my husband and I, so onto the 'after'!

I remember thinking as we waited in the entrance of the temple as our photographer got ready, "it is probably so hott out there and I really like the AC" - ha, no I'm kidding {thought I should have thought about that! it was 107 degrees!} what I was really thinking was "i'm married, we're married, i'm still crying, this is awesome" and as we walked through the door i started laughing because seeing everyone crowded around the entrance of the temple for some reason was so ridiculous looking to me, and I had no idea that was what normally happened. 




and then I remember seeing my brother Billy who I hadn't gotten to see before our wedding because he goes to school/works on the coast so he met us there -

so after hugging him I scanned the crowd and found my mom. and started crying, again. Seeing my mom for the first time after I had gotten sealed was a really emotional moment for me for a lot of reasons, but at that moment all I can remember is her smile and the happiness she expressed on her face. I was so grateful for that.



Then there were a lot of pictures! and sweating! and pictures! and lots of sweating! By the way, it was NOON when we came out of the temple. nuf said.


I had previously sent my photographer a 'shot list' for pictures since there were so many of us, and were going to be our "more formal" pictures of the wedding. I'm so glad I did because her assistant for the day just called out names and groups and it was so organized {mostly}









Once we got through the list everyone peaced out {and cooled off} and headed to the restaurant and Morgan and I took the 'us' pictures. I was still processing everything, and completely sweaty and we were hurrying because they were going to close the temple but for some reason, I was totally calm.










I'm so grateful for family and friends that were there to support us on that amazing Friday afternoon that changed the course of our lives and sealed us together for eternity. We were so humbled by the outpouring of love from every side - my side,  morgans side - every which side. and still talk about it almost every day.

So thank you to all who were there to support us, parents, aunts, uncles, family friends, friends that are like family, all of you who were present {and even those who werent} - we thank you

up next: Part II {sealing linner}

No comments: